Sunday, May 10, 2009

Inkspirations sketch challenge # 7























Where has the week gone? Well I finally found abit of time this afternoon to start and finish a card. I decided to do Makeesha's sketch. This is what I came up with. This set flight of the butterfly just arrived hot off the courier on Friday and I couldn't wait to ink it up. So when I saw that it would work well with this sketch no one could hold me back.lol. I stamped onto accetate for the wings with stazon. (those of you that know me will be quite shocked that I used stazon on my stamp.hehe) I used riding hood red and black ink. The DSP is urban oasis. Check out the other great cards here. Well off to make a start on my stamp club projects. Thanks for stopping by!
Tracey

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracey, your card is beautiful... just love those butterflies... what a great idea for the wings... good job...
Tracy

Campin and Stampin said...

Hi Tracey, I love those butterflies, awesome idea for the wings

AMY FLEMING said...

you have done an awesome job trace well done love what you have done with the accetate!!!

Keryn Campbell said...

Tracey your card is gorgeous. The acetate is such a brilliant idea.

Debbie Pamment said...

This is a stunner Tracey! Love the effect of the stamped acetate - and the colour combo is fabulous and rich!
xXx

Holly's Stampin Ground said...

Nice card,i want to do some stamping but TWILIGHT is coming before anything else at the moment and it is all your fault!!!! LOL see you tomorrow night.

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Lovely card. So very striking.

Sarah

CIndy Major said...

OOH, transparent wings - I love it! I have used vellum before, but never thought to go with the transparent... I am totally making a mental note of that idea!

Thanks so much for sharing!

Cindy :)

Tracey Feeger said...

Oh I love it. Love the butterflies. The wings a simply awesome. Great job.
mwah
Tracey

fmfab said...

So gorgeous Tracey. The butterflies look amazing! WOW

KimB said...

Oh WOW Tracey, gorgeous card! Striking colours and the acetate wings were inspired.

Kim

Karen said...

Hi Trace - your card is stunning! How clever to use acetate as the top layer of the wings!! Thanks for playing along with the challenge this week!

Luv
Karen

Susan from Colorado said...

Tracy, What a clever and fun idea! I love the butterflies. I think acetate is the bee's knees and you took it a step further! I have to remember this one. Too cute for words!

Kylie said...

Great card Tracey!
Love the colours and loving your butterflies, loved how you used acetate for the wings, so clever!
Great job on the sketch challenge!

Have a great week,
Take Care,
Kylie X

Anonymous said...

Absolutley stunning! I love what you have done with the wings. You clever girl you!!
Kirsty

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin